Saturday, January 29

Millrose Monster 2011

I had a rough time getting to NYC because of the blizzards, but got here eventually and safely. I took the subway all by my lonesome late Thursday night to The Armory Indoor Track to get a dynamic warm up in. I was very nervous taking the subway and wondered the entire trip if indeed my tetanus shot was up to date. Yes the NYC subway is very gritty, makes you wanna lick the TTC by comparison.

I was 3rd in my season opener and ran 8.05, I was happy with what I got out of the whole experience. Obviously I wanted to win, but this was just one small step towards Daegu and I appreciated my efforts. My opener last year was 8.13 so already I feel like its a very positive first step, despite being rusty most of the way. Coach Randy wasn't impressed with me technically and it will be good to watch the video with him, and see what needs cleaning up.

I have a very ambitious European indoor schedule set up,  I haven't raced this much indoors since 2007. I am looking forward to the fun of back to back races and setting up a fast rhythm.

My first stop is The Deutschland next Saturday (Love me some Germany)! I'll compete in Stuttgart at the Sparkassen Cup February 5. I've never raced here and have heard great things about the meet and the track from other athletes.

That's all for now, thanks for stopping by!
XO Per

Below is video of me after my original trip to NYC was cancelled and I had no where to go and nothing to do--- Except of course play (and perform) my "Power Song"!!
***Caution this song is to keep me "Race. Moded: focused, crunk,  pumped, high, ready for war race".  It is not a hymnal by any means and contains language that you should never say at any kindergarten or the local Walmart!***



 Sparkassen Cup TTC, Millrose Games Results , 2011 World Championships Daegu Get @me on Facebook

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I appreciated my efforts".... what?. We praising one self now? Have you gotten soft! 3rd to people you have always beat square. What the....I don't want to hear about last years time. New coach, new stuff. Do it.

Anonymous said...

And yes, Indoors, where you were world champ.. first part of your race ..............no more catching up at the end.

Perdita said...

Umm...come again?! No one has EVER EVER checked me like that on my blog. Shame. But honestly I can't even be mad at ya. Yes the race was mediocre, yes I gotta build from here. I agree with you 100%!!

Now don't you ever accuse me of being "soft"! And you better be the first one to post on here when I run fast in Europe....You done got me all worked up....

Anonymous said...

You are not soft Opener or not, bizarre seeing the most gifted of the world top 8, finishin 3rd here.

Anonymous said...

Nice that people are wanting the only best for you this early eh P? And anonymous comment maker #1 (millrose monster)...just when would YOU like her to peak? smiles.
Oh P, I'm looking for another power song for ya. just not having that one! cringe^^^

Anonymous said...

Nothing to do with peaking or anything of the sort. Totally taken out of context. Sometimes the toughest words actually have the most purest of intent. No sense blowing smoke up anyone's ass. A 3rd with execution of what one knows one can do is alot different than just a 3rd. This was not an offisde check, but honest. No you are not soft (cause and effect statement), and I will be the first to post when you run fast in Europe. Are these indoor races not key to building on the first part of your outdoor race? No more comments from me on this last weeks past!

Anonymous said...

Yes, and as Anonymous 4 said don't do that song. To Mom and yours, and all ladies,, don't do it.